The project of the first Italian University Museums Network, coordinated by the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, was approved by MIUR in 2013 and financed for 875.000 (Decree MIUR march 11th 2013 n. 418) http://attiministeriali.miur.it/anno-2013/marzo/dd-11032013-(1).aspx
The first goal is the inventory and the electronic cataloguing of the specimens and objects of the museums (as suggested in the Horizon 204 guidelines). This activity was achieved thanks to the collaboration with the MiBACT, The Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities, involving directly the ICCD, the Central Institute for the Catalog and Documentation.
As required within the framework of the recent regulation about cultural heritage (Cultural Heritage and Landscape Code, Legislative Decree 42/2004), the activity of cataloguing employed national standards conceived by ICCD and implemented on-line in the SigecWEB, the web-based information system of the catalog, strengthening a strong relation between ICCD and The University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, which since 2007 organizes the only master in Italy in Cataloguing and Accessibility of the Cultural Heritage.
The second goal of the project is the realization of a bilingual web portal of the Italian University Museums, containing:
- To improve the visibility and image of the Universities through an innovative communication plans;
- To provide an efficient support for educational activities and cultural exchanges with other entities without territorial limitations;
- To adopt an effective and efficient tool to produce skilled occupations through personalized careers for young graduates;
- The spread of information about resources available on the labor market;
- The real-time dialogue between providers of qualified professional resources and employers;
- Young people's participation in the activities of university museums, also in a proactive form
- To make use of guidance models for new graduates